The VTM strives to particpate in the Wing Chun Community as much as possible. This includes travelling to many Wing Chun events, as well as hosting many of them here at the VTM itself.
As part of our effort to participate in the community, members of the VTM staff strive to keep detailed records of all events that we participate in. This serves not only as a journal of the happenings in the community, but also as a way for those who could not attend to receive a first-hand account of what happened.
To this end, we have included all of our event reviews here for your convenience. These are mirrored from our timeline site which has many more entries along with photos from nearly all the trips the VTM has taken over the years. We encourage you to check it out!
Reviews listed chronologically
- May 2-4, 1997 : An article from
Wing Chun Today magazine about our historic first workshop, featuring Yip
Ching, and Moy Yat, and many famous Sifu's!
- May 16-17, 1998 : Friendship Exchange
The first of a new annual tradition, the Wing Chun Friendship Seminars.
- April 14-16, 2000 : First Hung Fa Yi
The first public unveiling of the little known Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun lineage.
- July 22-23, 2000 : Second Hung Fa Yi
This workshop was hosted here at the Museum.
- August 4-6, 2000 : Baltimore, Maryland
The 2000 Wushu Kungfu Federation tournament in Baltimore, Maryland.
- September 22-24, 2000 : VTM Marathon
A true marathon! An intensive two day workshop covering the Yip Man Ving
- September 29-30, 2000 : Wing Chun Chi
Sau and Applications
Workshop by Benny Meng in Akron, Oh.
- October 20-25, 2000 : San Francisco Visit
This Trip to San Francisco included participation at the opening of the
Bruce Lee Exhibit at the Chinese Cultural Center and training in the Hung
Fa Yi Wing Chun lineage.
- November 11-12, 2000 : Dim Mak Workshop
by Sifu Dr. John Crescione, chiropractor of the New York Jets.
This workshop focused on the less well-known areas of Chinese martial
arts: Pressure Point striking theory and training.
- December 9-10, 2000 : Second Wing Chun
Marathon by Benny Meng.
- January 12-14, 2001 : Friendship Seminar
held in Los Angeles California.
- January 18, 2001 : Hung Fa Yi Baai Si and
Atlantic City Review.
- January 27-28, 2001 : >Hung Fa Yi / Chi
Sau Workshop Review.
- February 23 - March 5, 2001 : Chi Sim
Weng Chun by Sifu Andreas Hoffman.
- March 31 - April 1, 2001 : Friendship Workshop at Sifu William Mason's school
- May 5-6, 2001 : Michigan Friendship Seminar
with Sifu Eddie Chong and Benny Meng
- June 24 - July 4, 2001 : Korea Trip
- August 18-19, 2001 : VTM workshop in
- September 7-9, 2001 : 3rd public Hung
Fa Yi Workshop
- November 2-4, 2001 : 4th public Hung
Fa Yi Workshop
- December 7-9, 2001 : Hung Fa Yi Workshop
presented by Master Benny Meng
- January 19-22, 2002 : Action Magazine
Hall of Fame Awards
- January 31, 2002 : Columbus Shaolin Monk Show
- February 22-24, 2002 : Arnold's Battle
- March 29-31, 2002 : 5th Hung Fa Yi Workshop